  From: Heather Wienker
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 2:15 PM
  Subject: Hobbs, 1 Yr. old FELV, crashing hard

  Hello,

  I first joined this group a year ago in regards to a double-positive Mom and
her kittens.

  All kittens cleared FIV, remained + for Leuk.  Only the two who stayed
together remain, and one has crashed hard.

  I am not his caretaker but what I know is, he had a dental a little over a
month ago due to stomatitis (lots of drooling & mouth pain).   That went well,
then a few days ago he crashed very hard, not eating, not drinking, crying in
pain...losing weight rapidly.

  He is to go to the vet today, but has anyone pulled a Leukemia+ kitty through
a serious crash?   We are looking into Imulan but right now the caregiver fears
he is suffering and can't wait for treatment.   We don't want him to die on
IV's in a hospital.   His little Sister is very close to him, we always thought
she'd go first as she's so much more fragile, we are so scared of not just
losing this precious kitty, but also how it will affect his Sister.  Hobbs'
caretaker loves him very, very much and the prospect of losing him is very
painful for her.

  Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you for listening-

  Heather