-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kim Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:00 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Cole's last fight

It is with great sadness that I have to say that my Cole has lost his fight.
The last 2 weeks he has been recieving epogen shots two times a week and we
found out today that the shots have not improved his anemia. He in fact got
worse and his hemoglobin went down to 9% from 11% 2 weeks ago. He has also
lost an addition 1lb in 3 days because he would not eat. It was the hardest
thing ever to have to make the call in putting him to sleep or not, but he
has been so lethargic and down the last couple days, I had no choice. He was
not in good enough shape to even attempt any other treatment at this point.
I wish I would have caught this earlier and maybe treatment would have been
better. He had been living with Feline Leukemia since birth and he lived to
be almost 7, so at least I was blessed with that time with him. Right now
the hardest thing is to come home and not have him waiting at the door for
me. I am praying that I made the right decision and didnt jump the gun on
putting him to sleep, but I just could not take it if I knew that I was
prolonging his suffering. I am having him cremated and we are having a
special urn made for him with his picture. All I can say is that having Cole
for a short 6 1/2 years was worth the heartache I have now, he was my rock
and was there for me when I needed him and now it is my turn to be there for
him. Thank you all for your support and words of advice, it helped me make
it through the 2 toughest weeks of my life. I love you Cole.
Kim