If you don't have one I know of two that do phone consultations.  I
prefer to have my friends checked out personally but Dr. EA Boswell
(Louisville, Ky)  is the alternative vet for my two little ones and
has been for several who have left this world.  My regular vets
referred me to her in 1996.  Dr. Susan Maier, Simpsonville, Ky. is
another very good alternative vet.  Both hold DVMs but chose to
practice holistically.  Dr. Boswell is well known in show horse
circles and has worked with the Louisville Zoo.  Both are very well
qualified and respected.