I would keep an eye on her. One of my kitties had a tooth that abscessed
after a dental ....

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dawn Morrison
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:58 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Felvtalk] After Dental extraction - what to feed

Bea had her dental surgery on Thursday and everything went well. She did
have some blood in her urine after she came to and I'll be keeping an eye on
that. Because of time and 4 teeth that gave the dr a hard time only the back
teeth were extracted. I wish they could have all been done but safety first.
Yesterday she seemed to eat okay. She was picky on what she wanted but she
was eating. Today she doesn't really want to eat. I've tried just about
everything I can think of - wet adult, wet kitten even baby food (no
onion/tomato) but she's just not interested. She'll take a couple of licks
and that's it. I know she must be in some discomfort even with the pain
meds. but I'm not sure what else to try. I have been mixing everything with
some water to make sure she's at least staying somewhat hydrated. As far as
I know she hasn't taken a drink from the water bowl yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I might get her to eat? I know
she's hungry because she'll follow me into the kitchen and sit in front of
where I prepare her food normally.

Thanks
Dawn