Lorrie,
I have an FeLV positive kitten also who is about 3 to 4 months old and only 3.8
pounds also.  She developed a sore on her mouth that slowed her down
considerably and I thought I was going to lose her.  My vet was waiting on this
new FDA medicine she had heard about and ordered for me.  It finally came in
and thte first shot has already made a marked difference in her.  Taz is now
back to her old self.  However, as she was getting weaker she developed a limp
in one of her front legs for no apparent reason.  I thought her leg may have
fell asleep from laying on it so long but that wasn't it either.  Taz is also
anemic and I have her on Pet Tinic.
This new medicine is supposed to target the bone marrow to help with healthy
blood cell reproduction.  It's called Imulan (sp?).  It's kind of expensive but
I've seen the positive results so far and will keep giving her this for as long
as she is responding to it.  She's not limping and her blood counts are
responding positively.  This might be something you can try as well.
Good luck with the kitten.

Nancy
(kittyland)