Jenny,

I am sorry to hear about your situation.  I had a very ill felv cat that
weighted less than 4 pounds when I got her and was severely anemic.  An
alternative vet that I saw suggested something for the anemia - anem-o-aid I
belive,  I will look when I get home.

Initially, she received a blood transfusion and was on steroids/antibiotics for
a time and I force fed her for two weeks.  Eventually, she improved and gained
2 lbs.  Unfortunately, she became severely anemic again and stoutly refused to
eat.  She quickly went downhill and I had to let her go at that point.  Anyway,
it is helpful to know if she is having a hemolytic anemia as this can sometimes
be stopped with steroids and specific antibiotics.  You can generally diagnose
this on smear of blood under the microscope.

The holistic vet also prescribed Wei Qi booster to boost the immune system.  I
have also heard of something called Acemannan (Carrisyn) and am currently
working on finding more information about it.  I will keep you informed of
whatever I can.  Good luck and God bless.

Jenny