We're in California.

Also, the sanctuary that is taking him is a small home-based sanctuary --
husband, wife and kids in a house where they only take FeLV+ cats.  It is truly
a home environment.  He will have a home and family, sleep on the bed in a
sunbeam.  It isn't a big hundreds of cats in a compound sort of thing.  I am so
glad they have agreed to take him.  He's had a hard life and is entitled to a
little softness now.