Hey guys,

I haven't posted much in the past few months.  Can hardly keep up with life
offline, much less online.  I hope all of you are doing well, as well as your
furbabies.

I have an 'engineering' question for you guys. I have a healthy kitty, Pepper,
who keeps backing up to the litter box opening and peeing, and of course it
goes outside the box, and then urine pools underneath the box (I even use a
Christmas tree tray under the box to catch the urine, but still it gets quite
ripe after a couple of days).  She's been doing this for years and I just keep
cleaning it up. But as all of you probably can identify, I hate the smell and
the clean-up, and was wondering if any of you have a similar sitation with any
of your cats and how you deal with it?  I've tried different kitty boxes, but
as long as they have an opening, the pee is going in that direction. There's
got to be an easier way to deal with this. I was thinking maybe I could make
some kind of lip on the opening edge to direct the pee to a receptacle??? Any
ideas out there?

Thanks!
:)
Wendy
 "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade
~~~