Hello everyone,
     I am having some trouble with my FELV+ Maggie. She is just over a year
old. Here's my problem: she is very aggressive sometimes. She will retaliate if
you scold her or squirt her or even raise your voice to her. She will cock her
head side to side and twitch, then she starts a weird meowing (she doesn't talk
much, never has). She will jump on you and bite and rabbit punch you with her
hind legs. Sometimes she will even stalk you down the hall and try to get your
Achilles tendon if you don't wait her out. She seems to be getting worse to
instead of better.
     She is also getting more aggressive with our 13 year old cat Sasha. In the
beginning she followed Sasha around and seemed obsessed with her but she wasn't
mean. Now she jumps on her and bites on her throat. Sasha has always avoided
Maggie. She has never picked on her little sister. I think he senses that
Maggie is sick and thus avoids contact. A lot of the time she will walk around
now and meow very loudly and oddly. I thought she was bug chasing but most of
the time I can't figure out what she is vocalizing about. She does this at
night a lot.
     My husband and I are worried because she seems to keep getting more and
more unpredictable and he is worried that she is going to hurt our 10 month old
son. I spoke with some of the doctors where I work but none of them really have
much FELV or aggression experience. My husband was wondering if it could be
from the FELV. Does anyone know what neurologic signs would be? We are not sure
what to do. I love her but can't have her hurt me and my family either. She can
be such a sweet cat. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Tanya