I'm sure if Michael has had interferon himself it's a high dose and injected, and I certainly humbly respect his personal experience. I have to say, I've used low dose oral interferon with several kitties, and never noticed any side effects, although there certainly could be. The only thing I noticed was that when I stopped the interferon, like when I was on vacation and the person couldn't catch the cat - the cat got sick and died when I returned. Kitty was about 3 yrs old, which is when I've seen several of mine die.

Gloria