Hey James,

I've had several FELV cats that developed mediastinal lymphoma. I tried chemo with one of them, but in general, the (traditional) treatment was prednisone, and drain the fluid. So I'd take the kitty in periodically to have the fluid drained. When they got anemic, then 1 blood transfusion.

There may be newer or alternative treatments, I hope so.

Ironic, when my sister got sick in NYC in 2003 - breast cancer - and got fluid (ascites) in her chest cavity, I said "how about draining the fluid?" and they did. I learned from the cats. Course the fluid always comes back.

I'm so sorry -

Gloria