Tracy, there is always a risk with any surgery for any cat.  Not a big one but
it is there.  It is safer to have Bacca spayed after she is out of heat.  I
have had 8 FeLV+ girls spayed with no issues.  None were in heat.  All were in
good health when they had the surgery.  They went to a low cost spay clinic for
their surgery.

The biggest issue was keeping them crated for a couple of days after the
surgery.  They really didn't like that.  All were rescued ferals and I knew I
wouldn't be able to keep them quiet unless they were in a crate.
Hugs to Bacca
Sharyl