My vet believes the first shot and booster for FeLV are sufficient. I do not
vaccinate for FELV anymore (after the first shot and booster). I also have
only FeLV- cats (as far as I know).

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lorrie
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:53 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Shots For FeLV+ Kittens

I give my cats their basic PCRC shots and rabies shots every three
years but I just started giving my FelV negative cats the FelV
shots.  I'd like an opinion from all of you as to whether a booster
is necessary once a year for the FelV shot.  I have no FelV cats
at home that I know of.  All 14 cats were tested when I took them
in but it's too expensive to retest them every year.

Lorrie