Merlin,

Indeed in the interest of "self-disclosure," in all of my
posts anyone could have seen from my sign-off at any time
that I work with Tower Laboratories, a nutriceutical
manufacturer whose Pauling therapy vitamin C/lysine protocol
has been saving lives from heart disease for the past 14
years.  I have made no attempt to hide that fact, though
perhaps doing so might have made me seem more like one of
you and less like I was trying to "sell" you something.
However, despite what I do to support my family and my
rescue, I am certainly not paid to spend time posting here
about the successes I have seen with intravenous ascorbate
in my cat rescue and answering e-mail questions gratis after
my 12-hour work days in an effort to help others save
animals.  My company does not even sell vitamin C for
animals and I have never once offered to sell anything to
anyone here, so to accuse me of "selling snake oil and
preying on people's love of their pets" borders on libel.
There is no "ulterior sales motive" here - I am simply
trying to help.  I am also, as you accurately point out, a
published contributing author, and if memory serves, this is
the first time I have ever been publicly chastised for
sharing information in the interest of helping animals.
Perhaps it is really true that people do not value the
things they get for free.

I first posted my experience with vitamin C here because I
love animals and people and want to see these cats have a
chance of survival and yes, help their owners to have "hope"
where there would otherwise seem none.  It would have been
self-serving not to, or to disseminate the information for
profit, as many might have.  After all, there aren't many
options for saving these cats and it seemed to me that some
might actually appreciate and find my experience useful.  I
truly did not expect such a firestorm of skepticism and
negativity and I am beginning to regret my initial decision
to share at all, though thankfully there have been some to
embrace and implement what I have shared, and for them and
hopefully many others to follow in our footsteps, it was
worth it.

The fact that I work in this field affords me knowledge that
others may not have - others who are still looking for some
of the answers that I have been fortunate enough to
discover.  I have shared in honesty and with a caring heart
and now the information is out there for those who would
like to try vitamin C in all forms for their animals.  I
have not made claims that it will work positively to cure
FeLV cats in all cases but have very specifically stated
that I don't know what the response would be for cats that
are well into the disease process with bone marrow
involvement, though I sure intend to find out once we
recover from the financial burden of the last three sick
cats and their treatments.  With the alternative being
certain death, my question is, "What compassionate, thinking
pet owner would deny an animal a chance at life because he
or she "did not believe" that something would work?"  My vet
has now done three clinical trials with three successful
outcomes.  Had I been skeptical and waited for published
clinical trials, all three cats would now be dead.

I lost a kitten in November to FIP because we did not use
the correct IV ascorbate protocol and because he was perhaps
too far into the disease process to be brought back.  Do I
wish that I had never discovered or used the vitamin C
protocol because my heart was crushed over the loss of him?
Of course not, for because of what I learned with him we
were successful in saving his sister.  Every day she is a
living reminder that his death was not in vain, and I will
never stop trying to save the ones I can with this protocol
because I know it works and it's really all I have.  It
seemed logical to me that others would appreciate the
opportunity to hear of and try this for the animals they
love as well, regardless of where or who it came from.
Waiting for conventional medicine to understand or embrace
this science is costing animals (and humans) their lives but
nothing says that their owners and caregivers cannot.

We are not talking about an "ordinary" vitamin as most have
come to consider vitamin C.  The majority of the world's
population has no clue about how far-reaching and powerful
ascorbic acid truly is for destroying viral and bacterial
infections and also reversing heart disease, and how very
critical this substance is to human and animal life.  While
it is tremendously helpful with the common cold virus, this
is quite honestly the least of the diseases it can cure.
However, the low U.S. RDA for vitamin C is killing human
beings one by one, and because our "domesticated" cats and
dogs make too little vitamin C and get little to none in
their food, it is also killing them.  We owe it to them to
become educated about this and take action.

Clinical trials cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and
though NIH funding continues on a broad scale for other less
serious diseases and conditions, the NIH has twice been
petitioned for and twice denied a grant for funding for such
clinical trials of the Pauling therapy for heart disease,
the leading cause of death in this country.  It's really not
hard for the thinking person to do the math and figure out
why.  The research is indeed being "quashed" and the biggest
business to benefit is the pharmaceutical industry.

The science behind the power of vitamin C for reversing
disease in humans and animals is sound and predates World
War II.  Other veterinary clinics are using intravenous
vitamin C with the same types of success that we have seen,
and owners are taking their pets to them for treatment from
across the U.S.  With a little effort these clinics can be
located and contacted for additional information or
treatment.

In closing, to those of you who might - by some miracle
after the negative light cast upon it - still be considering
the use of vitamin C therapy for your companion dogs and
cats or rescues, the most important thing I can tell you is
to be broad-minded about what this acid can do for animals
(and humans) in its various forms and what diseases it can
treat, some of which are outlined in Dr. Belfield's paper at
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/197x/belfield-w-j_int
_assn_prev_med-1978-v2-n3-p10.htm.  Don't be afraid to try
because you have never heard about it, because there have
been no "clinical trials," or because you're afraid to get
your hopes up only to have your heart broken if it doesn't
work.  Your heart will be broken anyway, time and again, as
more cherished animals succumb to the ravages of these
diseases while you stand helplessly watching.   The choice
would seem a simple one, regardless of one person's opinion
otherwise.

Sally Snyder Jewell
www.SallysCatHouse.com
(perhaps this signature will better qualify me to post here)