Please throw away the calendar and enjoy the time you have together. Dixie was full grown and then some when she came into my life. Someone had spayed her. She had wonderful manners. She was thrown away for reasons unknown and showed up at my Mom's. Eventually I decided she should be a farm cat and took her to Middletown Animal Clinic in Louisville to have her spayed (I didn't know this had already been done). That is when I found out about FeLV. She spent over three years with me and had everything I could give her. I would not trade a second with this wonderful little lady for anything. I have no way of knowing how old she was----maybe 2-4 years old--when she came into my life. She had the best care from MAC and a holistic vet, Betty Boswell and was healthy until a few days before she left this world. Love your little ones and let them love you. There are no promises...................Dixie left quickly and quietly and in the presence of her Person with whom she felt safest. A month after she left, she sent me a little kitten from the same pint thicket she came from and two weeks later she sent me another one (take two, they are small---and they really were). Both boys were about a pound and both had a hawk family who lived in the same pine thicket anxious to invite them to dinner---as an appetizer.

Love them. They have their path as do you. It may be long or short but enjoy the journey you share. You will not regret it.....as one who loves those who normally have a shorter road than we do, you may grieve but you will rejoice in the love you experience. Who knows, you may leave this world before the little ones.