Hello,
So sorry I haven't posted in a while but do read the postings when I can.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Casper!
Thank you for sharing your loss of him with us.
It is never easy to lose a kitty whether they have FELV or not.
They all have their little quirks and we love them for it.
They do have a special place in our hearts.
Yes, they do take a piece of our heart when they do leave.
I totally agree on this!

Would like to send my condolences to all that have lost their kitties to this horrible disease or other causes.
I know all too well what your going through.
I haven't had a FELV kitty in awhile.

About 3 months ago I lost 4 senior rescues all in a two week span. This was to old age or liver/kidney failure. The youngest was 14 and the oldest was 18 years old. I had them in rescue for several years. They were throw away kitties. Owners felt they were in the way or just didn't have the time for them.

Myself, recently lost my 22 year personal kitty that I had since she was 5-6 weeks old a few weeks ago.
So it was very hard for me emotionally.
I promised my kitty that she would not die at the Vet's office that she would die at home with those she loved.
I will never allow this to happen again. I swear she suffered when she did finally passed but some say it was part of the process.
It was a nightmare for me.
I've had kitties die before but nothing prepared me for what I saw with her.
Of course this happened when I could not find a Vet to come out to my house because of my location at the time.
It took me some time for me to come around on losing her.
I'm so very thankful for having her in my life all these years.
Her name was "Little Girl" aka "Mischief"
She was buried on my property with living flowers and 2 rose bushes that I bought in memory of her.
Yesterday, for the first time in awhile I was rooting around in thrift shops and found a huge knickknack that looked just like her. I bought it and placed it on her grave.
It is still hard for me to go out to talk to her without shedding tears.
As she was my sidekick/shadow for so many years.
She raised numerous rescue kittens over the years when she never had any herself. She was spayed at 4 months old.
She was considered the "Wise Gma" to all those around here!

TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS/SIAMESE & COLLIE RESCUE
Sultan, WA. 98294
Terrie Mohr-Forker
http://tazzys.org/
Non-Profit national rescue
Dedicated to the welfare of animals.

Copyright © 2007-2010 Tazzy's.org. All rights reserved.