From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of TANYA NOE
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 11:08 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Maggie

Hello everyone,
     It has been a while since I have been able to get on. I found out last
month that my FelV+ Maggie who turned 2 years old 16 days ago was just
diagnosed with a grade 4/6 heart murmur. She has seen many vets in her short
life and has not had a detectable one previously not even 7 months ago when
she had her bi-annual physical and blood work. I took her in for her
physical and because lately she has had some exercise intolerance that isn't
normal for a 2 year old. Her heart ultrasound gave us a diagnosis of
hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Her walls were very thick and flow greatly
reduced. We started he on Enalapril.
     I was wondering if anyone else has had the same diagnosis and if so if
there was anything that worked well for your little ones. Her heart disease
is progressing very quickly and I was told that with her type there isn't
anything they can do to slow it down, we are only making her more
comfortable with the Enalapril by making her heart not have to work as hard.
     Any advice is appreciated,
Tanya (Maggie's Mom)