Sharyl
I perked up reading your message about L-Lysine and herpes. I have my mother's dear cat, Lucky, who recently got a positive FeLV and has, since we've had him (12 years?) had an occasionally "runny eye" that one vet diagnosed as herpes. So, how do you get the L-lysine in them? Just put in water? Can you put in canned food? I'm currently putting Pet Rescue Remedy in the water as Lucky is still "in quarantine" until gets retested and/or my 3 healthy house cats get vaccinated.
Thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharyl" <cline...@yahoo.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Avis treatment plan (BIG thanks to Alice,Sharyl & Natalie!!)

Sounds like a good plan. The diff. between Pet-Tinic and NutriVed is the NutriVed contains folic acid. On the 'how bad do they taste' scale NutriVed may taste a little worse. If you go with Pet-Tinic you can always added folic acid. I prefer either powdered supplements or those in a capsule. Easier to mix in food or water than grinding up a tablet.

Something we haven't talked about in a while is L-lysine. It is available as a powder on line. I buy it by the lb and add it to the water for my house kitties and the 2 groups of ferals I feed. Seem to help keep herpes infections at bay which most rescues have. I also add it to the canned food I put out for the feral colonies. Figure they need all the help they can get.
Hugs to Avis
Sharyl