Bonnie,
The FeLV vaccine is followed up in 3-4 weeks with a booster.  Many feel adult
cats have some amount of natural immunity to FeLV.  Since my FeLV's were truly
positive I didn't want to take any chances and had my negatives vaccinated and
did the booster before mixing.  I did this when I rescued my 1st two FeLV
kittens.  I haven't had any problems with my negative kitties.
Sharyl