Thank you for your replies Belinda. We are on the lymphoma list - this is kind
of what convinced me to take him to the oncologist today to see what she
thought.  She basically said that given his status, chemo (various protocols)
could buy him 2-3 more months on average and that 50% of cats statistically
will do better than that and some worse and of course that all cats may respond
differently.

We have an appt Monday for the first chemo IV (UW Madison CHOP protocol) but I
can cancel it also. I am going to think on this over the weekend. The main
thing is that he has quality of life. Last week on Tues and Wed I thought he
was dying on me.  A week of prenisolone, he is a different cat for the better.
I know that won't last unless I try something else like chemo or other
treatment.  I don't have any false hopes.  I can just say I'm grateful for all
the feedback you've given and that everyone on this group has given us.  It
helps so much that you don't feel like you are going through it alone
(unfortunate that we all have to be here though because of the
circumstances).

I know I need to decide by Monday if he's going through the chemo or not
because his form is aggressive and the cells will become smart to the
prednisolone. So far just from the pred, the tumor shrank about 30%.  The vet
was hoping for more but the fact that it did respond was good she said. His
cancer is a mediastinal cranial mass just behind his armpit - it originally was
about 2.5cm and shrank 30% at least whatever that is in size now.
Purrs, Spanky and Stacy
Message: 1