Re: :LTCH--I've had reasonable success with LTCI.  If you do a search in the
archives, you can read what I've written about my journey with my cat, Aggie.
She's still kicking at 6 and a half years.  I've had her on Alpha Interferon
every day of her life, 1 cc every morning (and after she suffered a seizure of
unknown cause, every morning and evening).  She's also been on LTCI every two
weeks since her WBC and neutrophils went downhill last Spring.  Her bloodwork
has rebounded nicely, and she is currently asymptomatic, and very playful with
a fine appetite and attitude.  I know this won't continue on forever, but for
now--every day is a party with her.

About the interferon, Aggie has been on it every day of her life from the time
we adopted her.  She had zero symptoms of anything FELV related until she
developed adenocarcinoma of the salivary gland (cancer) at the age of 5.  We
had that removed in the Summer of 09, and as I mentioned above--she's still
here.  I think the Interferon may have played a role in keeping her healthy for
so long.  It isn't terribly expensive, at any rate.