It will sort itself out by me getting him tested, and determining if he's
really positive, continuing to work with this lady, and networking with some
local fosters who care for FeLV and could possibly take him, of which two are
already aware. How does this smack of 'the writer not taking steps to help the
kitty' as you said?   If he's negative, it's a whole different story.  The room
had perches, toys, a tv, radio, and he had his own run outside, a large tall
enclosure for warm months. I was shocked, happily shocked.  you can see a
different story was painted over the phone and it seemed desperate.  There is a
care taker for the ill relative that lives there 24/7 who I personally talked
to who adores the kitty, and makes him chicken.  A small part of me did feel
taken for being led to believe it was dire.  He has a full see through door so
he can see the rest of the house.  Who could not agree that a kitty mere hours
away from having his life
 drained out of him is in more need of immediate focus.

I am well aware of C&W and many other organizations that I am in contact with -
fosters, as well. These are all possibilities.

I sincerely appreciate your suggestions, and take them to heart.  I will not
accept your judgement however. I'm sorry it's hard on you emotionally, from
behind your keyboard, but I can assure you it has been likewise on me on the
frontline.  This should be a place for gentle support and compassion.  We are
all good people here doing the best we can.  Case closed on this one.