From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Susan Hoffman
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:30 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Sanctuaries

No.  NOT Cathouse on the Kings.  Have you actually been there?  Recently?
Don't recommend them unless you're answering yes to both questions.

There are a lot of problems with Cathouse on the  Kings.  They have 600-800
cats, poor tracking and intake procedures (inadequate testing and FeLV cats
mixed with general population and cats who were negative coming up
positive.)  The ferals and hard to handle cats receive no medical care, not
even amoxicilin mixed in food.  Ferals have been seen with green snot on
their faces.

Also, Cathouse on the  Kings is basically run by one woman.  What happens
when she dies?  Local rescues are very concerned about trying to pick up
those pieces.  It's like  a ponzi scheme, with money taken for new cats used
to support an already unwieldy operation.

Do not go on what you see online.  You need to actually visit a sanctuary
and visit it every 6-12 months to monitor.