From: Diane Rosenfeldt <drosenfe...@wi.rr.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wed, March 16, 2011 6:34:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Thank You for your Advice

Yikes. Perhaps this vet should recuse himself from *treating* cats? A vet is
actually supposed to know stuff even though he isn't a "_____ person." I'm
glad you have other choices.

When we took our Patches (the reason I am on this list, though he died a few
years ago) in for testing (he had just showed up on our doorstep one summer
night, demanding our attention, and terribly, terribly matted) our vet told
us he was FeLV+, and in the next breath said, "These are your options..."
Euthanasia was one of them, of course, but we were happy that she wasn't
pushing it, and the other options included seeing how things went and fairly
conservative treatment, and since we love animals but are not made of money,
we eagerly did that. Things didn't go well, unfortunately, and he became
symptomatic -- lymph nodes swollen, stopped eating -- and we let him go. He
was such a sweet guy, it still makes me sad to think we didn't have time to
really get to know him, and he never got a chance to leave the room we were
caring for him in, which he really wanted to do. But we are happy that he
came to us because if he had stayed on the street he would have had a much
worse end.

Diane R.