Very true. I have to keep pumpkin and probiotics on hand for the ferals. And hope they eat most of their meals at Mom's. Unfortunately they roam and there is nothing I can do about that. We TNR those who hang around and have managed to bring some inside but there are too many and Mom is too fragile for any more inside cats. At this stage, she has to pay someone to clean the litter box and feed the ferals when I am not around.
On Mar 28, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Natalie wrote:

I always use tuna or mackerel for trapping cats or having them eat their meds - great disguise! I think it's OK to use fish once in a while, as long as it's not the only diet, especially for male cats. It's a great idea to add cooked meats to the canned food, but you have to start slowly so that you don't upset their tummies. Anytime one changes food, it should be done
by mixing small portion of new with the old, and slowly increasing the
proportion until the desired amount or total change is achieved. Cats'
tummies have to get their enzymes working for new foods, or else there could
be some "runs"!
BTW - Nicker's Biocoat is a very good supplement, biotin.
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e070fa-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d
0204ae5

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaiMaiPG
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 9:48 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat Foof

You may want to supplement what ever food you chose with chicken,
ground beef or tuna.  I've been able to get whole chicken at 69 or 79
cents a pound near the end of sell by date and recently picked up a
couple of hundred cans of tuna at 39 cents each.   When you figure out
the per pound price you are paying a lot less than cat food and using
all of the product.  Before anyone jumps on me, the tuna is for
putting meds in and is usually divided by 6 cats or by 2 cats and a
dog.  I would never feed it entirely.

I can feed 7 cats and a dog for 3-4 days with a whole chicken. Same
with hamburger.