My rescue group has two 8 week old FeLV positive kittens that need a place to
go.  I'm in the Atlanta area but I don't think there are any FeLV sanctuaries
nearby or even in the whole state.  The lady who has been fostering them is
willing to drive almost anywhere.  She has family in PA and goes up there
several times a year so driving a distance isn't a problem for her.  Plus we
have other people who can drive them to various other states.  The kittens will
be fully vetted and spayed or neutered.  My rescue is a very small group.  We
don't have a shelter facility, we just have foster homes.  We don't have a long
term place for the kittens.  Can anyone help or offer suggestions?

We've only had one ELISA test done on the kittens but the mother cat had two
positive ELISA tests and we're waiting on the IFA results for her.  Because of
that I'm thinking the kittens who tested positive are really positive.  Think
we should do an IFA test on them?  I feel certain that they are truly positive
but who knows.  Also two of their littermates have tested negative on their
first ELISA.  How long should we wait before re-testing?  Do you guys think
those kittens could really be negative or is it more likely that it just isn't
showing up yet for some reason?  I know I've heard some of you say that you had
a positive and a negative kitten that were littermates that came from a
positive mother cat.  But does that happen very often?

Please let me know if anyone can put me in touch with a sanctuary for the
kittens.  We might need one for the mother but for now I'll just worry about
the kittens.  Oh, we do have someone who is taking the two negative kittens and
will hold them until they can be re-tested.