If the doc is told that your only-indoor cat bit you by accident, and you have
a rabies certificate, and even if reported to AC, quarantine CAN be done at
home!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of molvey...@hotmail.com
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:40 AM
To: Jannes Taylor; felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cat Bite

Yes.  Go get a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the last ten years.  It's
just a safety precaution, but my Doc fussed at me recently for not doing it
after I got bit.  Be careful about giving him too much info about the cat.
Tell him it was a friend's cat.  Sometimes the Docs will say you need to report
it in case the animal has rabies.  Don't do it.  You'll be forced to take her
to Animal Control so they can hold her for ten days to make sure she doesn't
have rabies.  Just tell him you were holding your friend's indoor only cat when
you got bit and that you're not giving him your friend's name because she lives
out of state.  Yes, I'm paranoid but I've seen it happen.

The doc may want to prescribe you some antibiotics just in case.  Probably
wouldn't hurt to take them.  If you washed your hand really good immediately
after the bite you should be okay even though it will hurt for a couple of
days.  It probably won't get infected, but it's easier to take antibiotics for
a couple of weeks as a precaution versus trying to deal with it after it became
infected.  But on Monday I'd recommend going to the doc.  You can also get a
tetanus shot at the health department but I was concerned they'd try to make me
report the bite.  Plus, it was more expensive than going to my doc and just
paying the co-pay.

sent from my AT&T Smartphone by HTC