I'm in Spring Green! It is good to know that the CCC can work with FeLeuk kitties, altho I have a good vet nearby in Dodgeville. Do they use any holistic treatments?

On 6/11/2011 9:22 PM, Barb Moermond wrote:
I'm in Madison and use Cat Care Clinic.  Both of the vets there are members of
AAFP [www.catvets.com] and are both good with my babies.  I've been going there
since Ninja was diagnosed FeLV+ and suffering from seizures etc.  So, I've been
going to them since 1998 and still love them.  If you look at catvets.com, you
will be able to find other vet members by ZIP code.  There are other members at
other clinics here in the area, but I like the fact that CCC is cats only and
they know my babies.
  Barb+Smoky the House Puma+Miss Lilly Bird+Angel BanditNo

"My cat the clown:  paying no mind to whom he should impress.  Merely living his
life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."

- Anonymous

________________________________
From: Pam Norman<pam_nor...@charter.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Fri, June 10, 2011 9:57:02 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Vets for Felv cats

Do you all have your FeLeuk kitties seen by your regular vets?  I talked to a
wonderful consulting vet I know re Miss Eleanor (formerly Sabrina)&  his first
recommendation was Internal Medicine at U of WI, but then said that this would
probably not be necessary as long as she is asymptomatic.  That regular blood
work, every 6 months, would be the main requirement.  Certainly hope that is the
case as just a couple of visits to UW would be well over $1000!

I would like to combine the services  of a good regular vet, which I think I
have, altho he freely admits that is practice does not see a lot of FeLeuk
kitties - which is probably pretty much the case with all non-specializing vets,
I would think, with those of a holistic vet as well. Do any of you do that?

Are any of you in Wisconsin?

Pam