Hello, everyone...

This is my first post to the list -- I just joined a few minutes ago.  I'm
writing in regards to my cat, Dexter.  Dexter was diagnosed with FeLV and
FIV this past October when he suffered a severe bout of life-threatening
anemia.  By the time we found a vet who had any idea what was going on with
Dex (We had a slew of ridiculous diagnoses; including heartworm and herpes),
he was in need of a blood transfusion.  The transfusion (at a whopping
$2200) and Acemannan treatment saved Dex's life and he bounced back within a
matter of weeks.  All has been great with Dex - he's been on Interferon
Alpha 2B since and has been in seemingly great health.  Until, that is, last
week.  After seeing Dex start to show minute signs of anemia again, a quick
trip to the doctor confirmed that the infection was active and that Dex was
heading back down the same path as last October.  Since then, we've been
racking our brains trying to figure out what to do for Dex.  Our Doctor, Dr.
Benjamin Wright at Lakewood Vet Center in Dallas, has been exceptional.
He's been open to just about anything we can try to help Dex.  As such, we
started Dex on Immunoregulin this past Friday and Dex just had his second
injection this morning.  Unfortunately, Dex has seemed to go down hill in
the last 24 hours.  He was at a relative high point on Sunday, seemed very
happy and lively, but as of yesterday and today, he is lethargic again and
obviously not happy at all, while his breathing has also become more
labored. Dr. Wright and I have been trying to contact the folks who make the
T-Cell Immunomodulator drug, but can't seem to get a call back from them.
Obviously, as I'm sure you all know, Carrington Labs, the makers of
Acemannan, are officially out of business as well, so that doesn't seem to
be an option.  We also contacted the vet hospital that makes the Interferon
Omega packet available and haven't had a response from them.  Where do we go
from here... Dex is only a year and a half old and is such a special cat.
We just want to do everything we can to help him.  We'd do another blood
transfusion, but that's just too expensive at the moment.

Thanks for reading,

Ben