Cathy,

I rescued my cat, Buddy, from a thicket behind a parking lot when he was 5
weeks old. I took him to the vet the day after I rescued him and he tested
positive.

Well, the vet told me to euthanize him - I did not like that at all. So as
Buddy was clutching my shirt, I yelled at the vet "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO KILL
MY KITTEN!!!" And ran crying from the office. Dramatic, sure, but I think it
made my point - and I hope the vet was more tactful with pet parents after
that.

I had him retested a couple of months later, got second opinions, and now
Buddy is 2 years old and VERY healthy.

I found a new vet that is great with my cats, euthanasia shouldn't ever be
the first option.

Good luck!
Katy