Consider putting out some plain full fat yogurt for Luke...with probiotics. Might make him feel better.
On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:29 PM, katskat1 wrote:

Again, thanks to all of you.  Been a great help.

Called my vet this morning and she is unexpectedly out of office until
the 18th.  Apparently she had family emergency. That's upsetting cause
the kitty who had her eyes removed last Wednesday was supposed to have
sutures out this Wed the 13th.  I guess a few more days with sutures
won't hurt - I kept mine in my knee for almost 4 months cause I was
afraid to get them out.  duh!    Oh well.

Surprisingly, Luke is a lover.  Loves to be picked up, loves to be
petted.  But with the apparent pain in her mouth nothing is going to
get into her via syringe or jamming a pill in the back of her throat,
nothing.  Last time I tried it one of her loose teeth fell out so
there was a plus side but I am still putting triple antibiotic cream
on the scratches and I had her wrapped in a bath towel like a mummy!
Afterward she was panting, drooling, vomiting and hid for several
hours.  Not doing that to her or me again.

So I will have to wait until the 18th to get her to the vet but she is
sticking around the yard now and actually was sitting at the door like
she -almost- wanted in so I guess that will have to do

Thanks again cause I was hesitant to do that to her but what the heck.
If I can have a little 5 week old kittens rotten, ready to rupture
eyes removed I guess I can the rotten teeth of a full grown kitten
pulled~.

Kat