ABSOLUTELY!  They only have us to make sure they are safe(-:

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:

> Since Katrina, I have been accumulating carriers (have 7 cats).  If I have
> to leave my home, they go with me.  I have an Astro van and all I have to do
> is put the seats down and I have plenty of room for the carriers.  I will
> leve my home and all else behind, but my cats go with me.  I can sleep in
> the van with them.
>

> ---- Bonnie Hogue <ho...@sonic.net> wrote:
> > This inspired me to tell this story:
> > I got my heart-cat, Stormy, 15 1/2 years ago.  She was born to a feral
> > mother.  The woman feeding the mother cat noticed the cat getting fatter
> and
> > fatter, then one day suddenly skinny again.  She thought, "Uh oh, bet she
> > had kittens."  So she followed the cat and sure enough, a passel of
> kittens
> > had been born, unfortunately in a bucket and (you guessed it I'm sure) it
> > had rained heavily.  The only one to survive that storm was the grey
> tabby,
> > Stormy.  A couple of months later the woman had to move and couldn't take
> > her kitten, so I got her.  That's why she's named Stormy.  Should've been
> > named "Lucky" or  " Miracle!"
> > ~Bonnie

*Marcia Baronda*
*Baronda Supplies & Service, Inc.*
*1550 S 2700 Rd.*
*Herington, Kansas 67449*
*Phone: 785-466-2501*
*Cell:    785-230-6499*
**
**" *I wish to address ethics as it applies to our companion animals. As a
veterinarian, I am an advocate for the rights of these wonderful beings who
inhabit the earth and our homes, sharing this journey with us. It is my
conviction that these animals,and all plants and animals, domesticated or
wild, have inherent rights that are separate from their ability to benefit
humans. They have the same right to exist as we do."  Don Hamilton DVM*