doves mate for life...that's what is so sad. another thing that is sad is
people with guns chugging down the booze. No laws to protect anything from
THAT!

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Georgetta Brickey <gebr...@hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Your posts reminded me of something that happened 40+ years ago on our
> family farm in Central California... during dove hunting season.
>
> We did not allow hunters on our property, but when dying doves fell in our
> fields and pastures after being shot nearby, hunters would climb over our
> fences to retrieve the bloody bodies.  One afternoon the shotgun pellets
> were raining down on our roof and through the branches of our oak trees and
> we were afraid to go outside so Mom called the county sheriff.  When he
> arrived to talk to them about unsafe shooting... Mom noticed his hand was
> bandaged...an idiot dove hunter had actually shot the deputy in the hand!!!
> Go figure!
>
> When I drove my 25 miles to work, each morning I felt like a cardboard duck
> in a fair shooting gallery... groups of "hunters" parked on their backsides
> sitting on coolers of doveswith umbrellas erected overhead would wait on
> both sides of the road for flocks to fly over.  I managed to get to work
> unscathed for 5 years, but was never certain I would survive the Sept - Nov.
> annual killing season.  Our hunting neighbor across the road went out with a
> few friends and came back with only one eye... not a single "friend" would
> admit he fired the blinding shot.  Nice, huh?
>
> Georgetta

*Marcia Baronda*
*Baronda Supplies & Service, Inc.*
*1550 S 2700 Rd.*
*Herington, Kansas 67449*
*Phone: 785-466-2501*
*Cell:    785-230-6499*
**
**" *I wish to address ethics as it applies to our companion animals. As a
veterinarian, I am an advocate for the rights of these wonderful beings who
inhabit the earth and our homes, sharing this journey with us. It is my
conviction that these animals,and all plants and animals, domesticated or
wild, have inherent rights that are separate from their ability to benefit
humans. They have the same right to exist as we do."  Don Hamilton DVM*