From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:58 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] sturvite crystals, bladder infection

She drinks a lot of water.  I have 2 fountains and that has helped in the
water consumption a lot.  They are fasinated by the sound of the water an
each one has hs/her own way of drinking frm the fountain.  Is the c/d food
from Hill's?  The vet gave me some s/d and she ate of that real good when we
got home.  Course it was nce and warm since it wa sitti by the heater all
the way.  Last time he gave me some for her, she turned up her nose at it.
Harey the "pig" ate it all.
---- ccarlsb...@gmail.com wrote:
> C/d only food... Only!!! And extra water has helped my tweety
tremendously.
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

cystocentesis on her today in addition to urinalysis and sent a sample in
for cultures and sens (aerobic and anaerobic) so we can find out which
antibiotic will stop the bacteria infection.  Iam also starting her on Hills
s/d which he said would help disolve the crystals.  I have been giving her a
cranberry paste but he said that would clear out a lot of the "junk" in her
bladder, but not do enough to disolve the crystals.  Plus, we spend at least
20 minutes running arond the house every time I get it out.  I swear she
smells it because even tho she is not in the room when I get it out, she
starts ducking and dodging to avod me.  I feel like a cutting horse trying
to out guess her and figure which way she is going to go next.  Thisis her
3rd time this year with this.
> ???? Anyone know of wholistic helps for this situation?  I tought of
vitamin C since it is acidic and might disolve them some.