From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Maureen Olvey
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 1:15 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] neutering a positive cat

I think I might have mentioned it to you guys before but in case I didn't,
studies have shown that the normal 1 year rabies vaccinations will provide
immunity for at least 4 years.  Interesting huh?  I need to check out that
group again to see if they've found anything else out or if it actually last
longer than the 4 years even.  I know they were doing more research studies.

Will most vets give the 3 year one to a kitten?  Most vets I've been to
recommend that the kittens get the 1 year vaccination and then the next year
they get the 3 year one.  I'm sure the 3 year ones are safe for kittens I'm
just wondering if the vets will actually let you do it.  Then again, I'll
probably wait until she's about 8 months old (if I still have her) so she
won't really be a kitten anymore so it may not matter.

"I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are
profitable to the human race or doesn't..the pain which it inflicts upon
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further." - Mark
Twain

  _____