 Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:17:28 -0700
From: moonsiste...@yahoo.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Asking For Advice Again

Certain antihistamines that are given to cats are also an appetite
stimulant.  Chlorpheneramine is one.  I think it's a little yellow pill
if I remember correctly.  It's better than giving cortisone which also
increases appetite but I believe would be contraindicated for a cat who
has a malignant tumor.  You need to ask your vet about this.  It has no
harmful side effects as far as I can remember.  I gave it to a cat who
had terminal salivary gland cancer and it kept her eating right up until
 the end, that and anti- nausea drugs because she had had a chemo pill
every week for several months to stop the growth of the tumor. I have
since decided that that treatment, the chemo pill was a waste of $2000.
 Another cat who had a tumor in a different location lived just about as
 long as Baby Face,
 without getting chemo. Chemo is also very hard on other organs, causing
 diarrhea, fur loss and exhaustion.

 Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty
neighbors too!