Reply message ----- From: "Terri Brown" > To: > Subject: [Felvtalk] Interferon
Date: Fri, Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm I used interferon with Salome'. I started her
on it when she was about 3 years old, and I gave it to her as often as I could
get a hold of it. Salome' lived to be 9 1/2 years old, and she died from liver
failure. Hope that helps! T =^..^= Terri, Guinevere, Travis, Dori, Kimiko and 8
furangels: Ruthie, Samantha, Arielle, Gareth, Alec, Salome, Sammi and Siggie
the Tomato Vampire =^..^= ----- Original Message ----- From: Lisa Conner To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 1:48 PM Subject:
[Felvtalk] Interferon Hi All, I think everyone was so hung up with this
politcal debate, no one saw my 2 questions on Interferon and the length of
years a Felv + cat has lived. Ok- so, I joined when my 9 + year old boy,
Prancer became very sick..literally overnight. He breathing was extremely
labored and I rushed him to the Emergency Vet. They said he was critical , and
didn’t think he was going to make it. May be best to put him to sleep since he
was Felv+ and needed oxygen and and his gums were pale. That night they
extracted 3 ½ cups of fluid from his lungs. Thank goodness, because that saved
his life. In the morning we transferred him to our regular vet and our vet
thought it was his heart. He was right. The ultrasound showed a huge mass tumor
at the base of his heart. The vet wasn’t sure how much time Prancer had,
however, he said it might be a day or week, depending on how much fluid built
up in his lung area. Within 4 days, the fluid was back and I could not have him
suffer as I lost my Dad to the the suffering of congestive heart failure (with
build up of fluid in the lungs). So, my vet believes that Interferon might have
helped Prancer over the years, since in all his years in practice, they have
not seen a cat like Prancer, great health for 9 ½ years, but be Felv +. Has
anyone in this group used Interferon with their cats and what is the typical
avg span life for Felv+ cats?