Dot,
Sounds like you have a super good husband. Mine is too. He built me
feral shelters for one of my feral colonies, and since we have so many
cats at home he built me heated, thermostatically controlled sleeping
boxes in our garage for the 3 outside cats.  They have a cat flap into
the garage, and they go into one of the three heated boxes thru a cat
flap too.  THey have a large window to look out of and a warm blanket
inside their box as well as the heat.  I use those ceramic reptile
heaters that give out heat but no light. They screw in like a light bulb
and give out heat but not light. They seem to last forever as I've used
them 8 or 10 years now. They are expensive - about $20. each but are
worth it and they won't break or shatter like a light bulb would, tho
a light bulb can be used if you don't have the ceramic heater.

I think your cats will be okay with what you've prepared for them.
Please let us know how they are when the storm passes.

BTW, I mailed your check Saturday so you should get it early this
week, if mail is delivered.

Lorrie