In the Calico-Tortoise Shell Cats Category you have

Torties - The true Tortoise Shell cat, mostly black and orange blended
Harlequin Tortie - face is half orange, half black in the same blend
Torbie - combination of tabby and Tortie, a Tortoise Shell cat with tabby
stripes
Dilute Tortie - Instead of black, grey and sort of pinkish orange(like Torties
that faded in the laundry)
Calico - white with large patches of orange and black, with or without stripes
Dilute Calico - white  with large patches of grey and pinkish orange (they look
like Calico cats that faded in the laundry.

                          Combining Cats With Furniture for the Best Effect

Calico cats and Tortoise Shell cats will go with most decors so if you have a
sofa that is white with black and orange cushions, you may adopt one of these.
However, if your decor is all white, I would recommend a white cat and all
black, a black cat. A really good conversation starter is created when you get
a black cat with a white sofa. People will comment on what a lovely zebra
striped sofa you have.

There is actually a Yahoo group devoted to Tortoise Shell Cats.  There's
probably one devoted to Calico Cats also.  If I didn't have to rescue cats
according to their need, I would have had two dozen Calico Cats. My first cat
was a kitten I named Tuffy. She was a true calico.  She was with me for 13 and
a half years. I still miss her.  She used to sit with me when I played the
piano, right next to me on the piano bench, even when I was just practicing.
Still love that cat.

too!