 From: "dlg...@windstream.net" <dlg...@windstream.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Cc: kat <merrykatme...@email.com>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] STORM - QUESTIONS/reply

-I am praying for all the east coast, especially the animals.  They have to
rely on humans to do for them.  I think that I would gather them all up and
head for high ground if I knew something like this was coming.  Have to have
lots of have a haeart traps tho.

--- kat > wrote: > Dot, > > Your husband sounds like a real kitty lover too!!
The shelters he has put together sound great and I hope the kitties weather the
storm safely. > > I have been told that there is a high pressure system out in
the Atlantic (near Iceland?) that is preventing Sandy from going out to sea. So
I have been sending "dissipate" prayers to that system so that Sandy can change
direction before making landfall this evening!! I'm located in the northwest
corner of NJ, so I shouldn't get "hit", but losing power is always a concern. >
Message ----- > From: dot winkler > Sent: 10/28/12 09:11 PM > To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] STORM - QUESTIONS/reply >
> I am in Freehold, NJ. Inland So, you are in New York? Or is that near Long
Island? Do you have any outdoor colonies? My hub over the last year has built
small dog house type shelters (he is a
 carpenter) with tarping on the rooves. They are surrounded by tee pee pallets
piled on each other. Then covered in tarping or plastic stapled on with his
staple gun. There are piles of furniture dumped in the area and some of the
houses are within those, protected. There are 2 dry feed stations we just
filled tonight. I just still am very worried. Hoping they will be okay. What
experiences have you had with storms and the cats?
________________________________ From: Christiane Biagi > To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:58 PM Subject: Re:
[Felvtalk] STORM - QUESTIONS Am in Westchester (New Rochelle). Where are you?
From:Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of dot
winkler Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:50 PM To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] STORM - QUESTIONS I went to the outdoor cat colony and
dumped large amounts of dry food in the 2 protected stations. I am very worried
about
 the cats with the hurricane. We constructed small dog-house like houses for
them with tee pees around them from wood pallets and some plastic. What's the
general consensu? How have any of your outdoor cat colonies done in the
hurricane situations? In Hurricane Irene, the group did okay but this one they
are saying is worse. Do any of you live around this area of the hurricane