Tamara,  Even if he does test positive, he can be housed with negative cats.  I
have 1 of 2 positives left and she eats, sleeps and has slapping bouts with the
other 5 cats who are negative.  My vet said as long as the negative cats are
vaccinated , there should be no problem and there has not been one for over 4
years.  Please try a little harder to find a home for him and above all, do not
de claw hiim.  I haave found a great scratcher for cats at WalMart.  It is made
of cardboard, shaped like a hollow half log.  It is made to hang on door knobs,
but my cats like it lying on the floor.  I have one in each room and if someone
is frustrated, they take it out on the cardboard log.  Like in the wild, our
cats don't catch a mouse or bird every time they try, the birds actually sit in
front of my cats, daring them to try and catch them.