My friend, who is the director of a large feral cat advocacy organization here
was driving home one night from a meeting when she saw a vulture fluttering by
the side of the road, apparently hit by a car. She got out and managed to get
the injured bird into a cat carrier, then off she went to Wildlife Rescue and
Rehabilitation, southwest Texas's most famous wildlife rescue organization.
Once there, the bird was determined to have a broken wing. Before my friend
left the office though, the kindly vulture regurgitated all over her in
gratitude. She said it was the most horrendous stink she had ever smelled. She
was covered with whatever dead thing the bird had eaten for supper. She made it
home in record time and threw herself into a power shower but she could recall
the odor for days after. They call buzzards and vultures in Texas "The Road
Crew" because they clean up what careless motorists create.

too!