I have very good results from syringe feeding Hills A/D to anorexic cats. I
saved the life of a cat with a corona virus using a combination of A/D and
blended Wellness Canned Food, stuffed with liquid vitamins and acidophiles. I
would sit her on my lap and feed about a quarter of the mixture 4 times a day.
This poor cat had come to my yard looking fairly good but soon went downhill.
She was pregnant but had a partial miscarriage in my yard. Then the vet said
that she was too weak and underweight to spay and was running a fever. So he
gave her something that would make her abort the rest of the fetuses. It didn't
but it almost killed her. I dragged her back and told them to spay her because
anything was better than what she was going through. Her temp was two points
above normal and she was groaning. They spayed her. Amazingly she survived.
They pumped her full of antibiotics and returned the poor almost bald skeleton
to me. I took her upstairs to a
 flea-free isolation room, and began the two month protocol of syringe feeding
and flea combing her. At the end of the two months, she was eating on her own,
her fur was growing back and she was jumping in the air after a ping-pong ball,
her favorite game. She soon began to get chubby and after all her fur grew back
she looked like some type of calico breed. I sent a picture of her to a woman
who knows breeds and was told this cat was a Turkish Van. She got adopted in
2005. I have had to syringe feed several cats, including one with feline
hepatic lipidosis. I usually put a towel on my lap, wear a shirt that can be
thrown into the wash afterwards. Then I place the cat on my lap and go to with
the syringe and food. I pet in between squirts and talk softly and lovingly to
them so they feel that they are having some quality time also.Always have a box
or tissue handy to wipe the mess off their mouth after several squirts. This is
not a neat situation and
 cats don't like food running down their chin.

too!