I can't put him in with the other cats. I wouldn't do it with my own cats, one of whom is FIV+ and thus especially vulnerable to contracting FeLV, because the vaccination is not 100% effective and having seen the ravages of FeLV I would never risk that. But it's not up to me in our foster homes, anyway. I can't make other people put FeLV+ cats with their own negative cats, and we can't expose cats we are saying tested negative to FeLV and then adopt them out when they may be incubating it. Plus we cannot afford to give our foster cats 2 FeLV shots on top of everything else we do; it would add another $40/cat in vet costs even with the discount we get.

thanks, though,
Michelle