The scabs are most likely a flea allergy or some other type of allergy. I have
a cat who was covered with the scabs. Flea treated him several times during a 6
month period, scabs were much less. He still gets them occasionally but nothing
like the first time. He's a long hair so probably gets a few more fleas than a
short hair. As for not eating, if that persists, try syringe feeding him or buy
some KFC regular chicken (not spicy) and see if he reacts with an appetite. You
have to realize that when a cat is positive for FIV or FeLv and gets sick, it
is most likely just a cat who got sick and is not related to the FIV or FeLv.
But the vet will pounce on a diagnosis of "Oh, it's because he's FIV+ or FeLv+"
when most likely it's an upset stomach or an URI, just like any other cat would
get.  Positive energy from the Universe coming your way for Cole.

too!