Hi Beth,

                All healing energies headed your way for Bubba.

                Most URI's are viral, and the most common is herpes. Have you tried famciclovir? Has done wonders for my boys.

                You're very lucky to have access to doxy, now that it is so expensive and scarce, most places don't have it. Hope it does the job. If you can trade the prednisone for prednisolone, it will be more bio-available for Bubba.

                The capstar should knock out the fleas if you can keep him from re-infesting. Fortunately Advantage still seems to be effective for me, Frontline never did work.

Wishing him a swift and complete recovery,

All the best,

Margo