no research, just an interview with the ceo and he said well it is protein.

i like the wellness turkey mostly because that is one T hey will eat.  they
also like Blue Buffalo duck and turkey.  NO ONE LIKES CHICKEN NO MATTER WHAT
THE BRAND.  BEEF IS SO, SO AND FISH JUST SITS THERE UNTIL I THROW IT OUT.
UNLESS I GET CANNED MACKERAL FOR HUMANS>  THAT WE LOVE BECAUSE IT IS STINKY.
I SWITCHED TO BLUE BUFFALO BECAUSE OF THE GRAIN ISSUE.  WHEN I DID THAT, ALL
THE UP CHUCKING STOPPED, SO NOW, I LOOK FOR GRAIN FREE, MEAT FIRST INGREDIENTS.