Probably a good wash with antibacterial soap and a dousing with peroxide will
hold you until you can get some Augmentin. You should always keep a supply
around for those times when you can't resist getting between two fighting cats.
Which I have done numerous times. Then the two attack me, think it's a real
giggle when I scream and walk away with their tails twined around each other,
discussing what bad language I use in times of stress.

Usually seeing red streaks coming from the site of the wound is a very bad
sign. If the swelling persists also, that's not good either. If you know you
are sensitive to cat saliva, you should wash the bite site off thoroughly, use
the peroxide. Salt water is antiseptic too so you might want to rinse with
salted water, then rinse with fresh water, then peroxide. Leave the wound
exposed to the air.if it's not bleeding profusely. Go the the doctor to get
your anti-biotic fix.

Right lol - I'd forgotten that Clavamox is the same stuff (or similar?) to