One of my positive kittens had non regenerative anemia when he was about 6
months. We gave him lixotinic (same or similar as pet-tinic), a couple of
mL per day. It helped give him some iron in his blood and feel a bit better
for a while, I think, but we lost him a couple of months later. There's a
Yahoo group for feline anemia
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Feline_Anemia/info

LTCI is more expensive. I give it to my 11 year old positive cat regularly
and it helped bring him out of an anemic period when he was first diagnosed
last year. He is now doing just fine. Younger cats immune systems are still
developing though, so it's harder for them to fight off the virus. With a 1
year old cat it's hard to say if you should try it, but if you have the
resources it may be a good option. Check out this discussion thread for
more info on LTCI - http://910pets.ning.com/forum/topics/feline-leukemia

Good luck with your new little girl. We do the best we can for them but
ultimately it will take them from us far too soon.