We just came back from FeLV+ Brock's cardiology appointment. He was diagnosed with restrictive cardiomyopathy and CHF 9 months ago, with an average survival time being 2-6 months. I was expecting that fluid would be drawn off, because it's been 2.5 months since last time, and 1.5 months ago, an X-ray showed fluid was starting to build up. Not only did Brock have NO pleural effusion (what was there 1.5 months ago was GONE), but, the dilated ventricle/atrium had returned to a normal size!! And his blood pressure is ideal at 128! He still has a murmur, and thickened heart walls, but close enough for me to call it a miracle! His Lasix is being reduced from 3x a day to 2x a day. Checkup in 4 months unless he develops respiratory issues (increased rate or effort).

Marsha